Photography for Creative Explorers

Monday, October 16, 2006

Bubbleshare and our afterschool group today

Today in our Creative Explorers session, we were introduced to Bubbleshare. Only one student successfully posted his Bubbleshare presentation...and I have a theory on why the others were not successful. For the class, I made an account (based on my email address) and gave that information (my email address and a generic Bubbleshare password) for my kids to use. I have to wonder now if the reason only one was successfully posted was because we were all working off of one account at the same time? Even the sample one I was doing was slow and never did finish...I suppose I will see if I can make additional accounts to see if this helps. IF it will allow me to have multiple accounts. I'll have to see. BUT everyone was shown how to make accounts, and shown that the final products could be emailed too.

My other problem....if students create their own Bubbleshare accounts, they will have to email their final product (or worse, give me their login and password for Bubbleshare so that I can copy the html into my Blogger account)...Also, I was under the impression that the Bubbleshare files would have music too. Perhaps I missed where that is added.

I have also learned one more thing about this class and the way I like to do presentations. Previously, I have made a website and weblinks to match the content, and make it easy for participants to get to the links I use. Since I made this blog, I did not do that. What I failed to do though was include weblinks in the blog. Plus it's a good bit of reading, and some of my participants are just too young to deal with my "waxing rhetorical" at times... So for the next Monday class, I will make a website with links to our content to help the participants get to those links quickly. Perhaps I'll get brave and make a wiki--something tells me that would be a suitable use.

There are two more topics I plan to cover in the Creative Explorers class--using Flickr and using Windows Movie Maker to create a movie from their pictures. If I have a really advanced group, we'll consider setting them up in blogger and see if the flickr photos can be listed there. (I'm still trying to figure out Flickr myself.) Remember, I consider myself a beginner too. If anyone knows more about Bubbleshare or Flickr then I seem to, feel free to notify me.

2 Comments:

  • Hello there.

    I'm sorry to hear you were having problems with BubbleShare. However we are quite happy to hear that you were using it with your students and I would encourage you to give it another try.

    Now to anwser some of your questions:

    1) "I have to wonder now if the reason only one was successfully posted was because we were all working off of one account at the same time?"

    -- you should be able to have multiple people working off each account, but if you have multiple machines logged into the same account at the same time, you may get conflicts.

    2) "I was under the impression that the Bubbleshare files would have music too"

    -- We (as you found out later) support voice narration, but not music yet. If your students are enterprising enough, you could get them to play back music from another source into the microphones. =) We've actually seen some of our users do this.

    3) "if students create their own Bubbleshare accounts, they will have to email their final product (or worse, give me their login and password for Bubbleshare so that I can copy the html into my Blogger account)"

    -- after each album is created, all they would have to do is cut and paste the URL of their album to you in an email, or press the share this album button and send it to you that way. Otherwise, they can also forward the email they get in their inbox from sharing the album, and forward that email to you.

    I hope that helps... and that you continue to explore bubbleshare and share it with your students and fellow teachers.

    Kind regards,
    Albert Lai
    founder/ceo
    BubbleShare

    By Blogger Albert, at 9:18 AM  

  • In the case you would like to have further questions anwsered, please feel free to email: albert (--AT--) BubbleShare.com

    By Blogger Albert, at 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home